Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A good teacher...

This is my video which briefly represents the qualities that I consider are essential for a good teacher to possess.

I am having trouble getting my video to show up on Teacher Tube, but when I figure it out I will post the url.

I believe that it would be beneficial to students to have them doing photo essays along with traditional written essays. However I feel that the amount of written essays should exceed the number of photo essays in a language arts classroom in order to improve grammar, syntax, etc. Photo essays and creative projects of this sort comply with almost all of the NETS by developing creativity, innovative thinking, planning and problem solving. It is also an interesting way to help students learn to express their thoughts and channel them to create a visual representation that may, in fact, enhance the viewers understanding in a way that words are limited.

8 comments:

  1. Good job, I liked the fact that you used multiple quotes. I really like some of the pictures that you chose as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your photostory. Nice graphics and quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that there was a different quote on each slide. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice quotes and pictures! And I love that song :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you that students need to learn to communicate in both traditional and digital forms of communication. I also think that that having students use digital forms of communication may also help them become better communicators with traditional print text. Visual learners may have an easier time expressing their opinion through a PhotoStory then translate it into a traditional essay latter on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a lovely job with your PhotoStory! Your choice of images, music, and quotes convey a message that you want to be a carring teacher that promotes individual creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute =) I loved all of your quotes & images, & how well they went together!! great job showing what teaching means to you!

    ReplyDelete